submetering of electricity and water for hotels and rental property
Efficiency, economy and safety thet you need
Adderra provides water and electricity submetering that allows hotels and landlords to bill online the individual consumption of tenants and receive their payments via smartphone application. Adderra is integrated with the landlord’s billing and payment platform which enables several terms of payments via tokens – preset credit, prepayment and post-payment mode.
Nowadays resources like electricity and water are overused by tenants and this presents a future threat for the environment. Addera’s mission is to provide a solution that is beneficial to all the parties in the energy and water consumption process – landlords, tenants, society and the nature as a whole, making it easy and pleasant for them to behave in a sustainable manner.
Sustainable use of water and electricity
Hotels rank as top five in terms of energy consumption in the building sector. It is estimated that more than 100 TWh of energy was used in the hotels worldwide. For instance, one of the most developed countries in Europe, Netherlands, throughout the whole year is using slightly more than the hotel industry, 108 TWh per annum.
The report of Sustainable Hospitality Alliance shows that water accounts for 10% of utility bills in hotels, where 25% are generated in guest rooms. An European tourist consumes around 300 liters per day compared with an European resident consumption of 150 liters per day on average.
Adderra created efficient solution for hotels, providing with the possibility to set the room charge that does not include costs of electricity and water consumed in the guest rooms. Our service makes guests prepay online for water and electricity through smartphone application and prepaid Bluetooth meter.
Thus, Adderra motivates hotel guests to rationalize consumption behavior by making them responsible for payment of water and electricity they plan to use in a room.
Problems that you have and Our solutions
Prepay Electricity Metering
Prepay Water Metering
How it works
- Installation of electricity and water meters by ADDERRA Marketplace operator in your country.
- Landlord on-boarding to ADDERRA Marketplace with Paypal or Stripe account.
- Individual set-up of prices for electricity and water if necessary.
- Tenant checks-in by scanning QR code of a submeter via ADDERRA smartphone application and starts using electricity and water.
- By agreement with Landlord payments can be made in prepayment, postpayment mode or on a monthly basis in case of long-term rent. Transactions are processed by PayPal or Stripe in a secure manner.
- As the rental period is over, Tenant will make a check-out and will request refunding for the unused amount of money, if there is such.
- If the amount of money is blocked on the credit card, the Payment System will unblock it automatically. If the transaction has been completed and money distributed earlier, the landlord will process the refund manually through ADDERRA application.
ADDERRA marketplace distributes money from tenants to the Landlord’s PayPal or Stripe account excluding fees charged by PayPal/ Stripe and Marketplace.